background

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Papertrey Ink 7th Anniversary: Building Blocks Challenge Take 1 (sort of)

I was super excited for today's challenge!  9 building blocks collected from the DTs blogs - great, right.

Until I got to the color selections.  My first try got me Harvest Gold, Rasperry Fizz, Spring Moss and a neutral of True Black.  I decided I would give it a try, but was definitely intimidated enough to roll the dice (or random number generator) again.


The second round of color choices didn't go much better - Dark Chocolate, Enchanted Evening, Hibiscus Burst and Soft Stone as the neutral.  I figured this would probably be easier than the first group with the technique in inlaid die cuts.  I found some patterned papers that roughly matched the colors and die cut them and the Soft Stone with the Happy Harlequin Die.  

Here's the result:



I was not prepared to like my pink, navy, gray and brown card, but I kind of love it!

Stay tuned for Take 2!

Supplies: (All Papertrey Ink unless otherwise noted)
Cardstock - Soft Stone, Hibiscus Burst, Enchanted Evening
Patterned Paper - UNK from scrap stash
Die - Happy Harlequin
Stamp - Bountiful Banners
Ink - Cup O Joe - Hero Arts
Ribbon - PaperSource

No comments:

Post a Comment